On the 1st of August, Box of Broadcasts (BoB) was upgraded.
The upgrade features enhanced video quality and an improved search. From September it will also deliver further improvements, as listed below.
During August you won’t be able to access your saved clips and playlists and you may not be able to access some archive content immediately, but these features will be restored by September, along with the new features.
The full list of upgrade improvements BoB will deliver in September is:
- A fresh new look
- A platform which works across desktop, iOS and Android devices
- Enhanced video quality
- Better thumbnail previews on search results
- More powerful searching capabilities
- More detailed citation data
- Better programme coverage and a permanent archive of content from nine channels: BBC1 London / BBC2 / BBC4 / ITV London / Channel 4 / More4 / Channel 5 / BBC Radio 4 / BBC / Radio 4 Extra
- The ability to preview clips before saving
- The ability to label your own clips, and
- Personalised email alerts when programmes are ready to view