Each course is allocated a Subject Librarian who will support staff and students in the identification and use of library resources.
Your Subject Librarian will:
- Attend Course Boards to ensure that Library resources and services are meeting staff and student needs
- Attend School Boards and/or Executive Group meetings
- Maintain and develop the Library course areas of Course blogs
- Produce subject guides which list useful resources (books, journals, websites)
Subject Librarians can deliver information skills sessions relevant to skills being developed at Levels 4 and 5.
They can offer sessions on:
- Using the Library catalogue
- Searching Library databases
- Finding images and conducting visual research
- Using academic journals (print and electronic)
- Research using the web, or
- A session tailored to the needs of your students
They can also attend briefings and other sessions as practical and appropriate to inform the information skills sessions and help to embed them into the curriculum.
- Manage the book budget for each course
- Choose and acquire books to maintain and develop the balance of the collection
- Can provide a current awareness service to the Course Leader and / or course teams for new books in a subject area
- Contribute to the production or revision of book lists for validation or review