Using other libraries
Through a mutual agreement, AUB students and staff can join the library at Bournemouth University.
Students will need to provide two passport-sized photos, show their Library card and provide proof of their term time address. Staff will need to provide proof of employment at AUB.
Three standard loan books can be borrowed.
SCONUL Access is a service which enables borrowing privileges or reference access to other higher education libraries in the UK and Ireland.
AUB staff and students will be eligible to join the scheme and borrow books from other libraries if they are:
- Academic staff on open or fixed term contracts
- Postgraduate research students registered for a PhD, MPhil or similar qualification
- Full-time postgraduate students
- Part-time, distance learning and placement students
They will be eligible to join the scheme with reference only access if they are
- Full-time undergraduate students
If you would like to use another higher education library as part of the SCONUL access scheme, please apply via the Sconul Access website. You will also find more information on the scheme and which libraries participate in it here.